This page has moved to a new address.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

365 Project: Day 111 - אגמון החולה

Lots of pictures today, from agamon hahula (אגמון החולה). The kids survived the ride there and back, and enjoyed the tour very much!

The view towards Keren Naftali (קרן נפתלי):

IMG_1790

It’s very pretty there:

IMG_1800

IMG_1805

This is my picture of the day. I promised myself I would remember the names of the birds, but of course I don’t:

IMG_1831

A nutria: This animal was brought to Israel to be used in the fur industry, but seeing that the winters in Israel are quite warm, the nutria decided it wouldn’t grow long wintery fur, and was subsequently released. They breed very quickly, and have no natural enemies, so they have multiplied and can be found all over Israel wherever there is water (see, I remembered something).

IMG_1838

More birds:

IMG_1861

IMG_1881

IMG_1886

Migrating cranes (עגור):

IMG_1901

IMG_1906

A kingfisher (שלדג):

IMG_1960

A wild boar (חזיר בר) out for a stroll:

IMG_1949

I liked the decor where we stopped for a late lunch…

IMG_2005

The Sea of Galilee (הכנרת) almost at sunset. Excuse the reflections, the kids were asleep in the back and I didn’t want to disturb them by opening the window.

IMG_2029

A beautiful sunset to end a beautiful day:

IMG_2034

IMG_2040

Who knows what tomorrow will bring? (Not us, we haven’t made plans yet).

Stumble Delicious Digg it
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...