This page has moved to a new address.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

365 Project: Day 15

when in doubt
I was going to take a picture of something else today, but it didn't work out. I was running out of options, as It was already quite late, so I went for the easiest solution and took a picture of the sunset. Summer is fun, see all the people at the park, even at this late hour (and that's just the small corner we see from our window)?
I was thinking what I should write to go with today's picture, and I decided I would Google-research the effects of sunset on our feelings. Well, apparently nobody has ever conducted a study checking the reasons we have nostalgic-happy-sad feelings when we see the sun set or rise. What a disappointment.
I will suggest my own absolutely baseless theory, that our feelings are rooted in the evolutionary need to gather the tribe and go inside when it gets dark. Or maybe it's just our feeling small and insignificant compared to the majesty of the sun and sky. Or maybe it's something physiological. I guess I'll leave it to the poets to decide and just enjoy the view.
Stumble Delicious Digg it
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...